- Download and install macOS 10.13/10.13.4 High Sierra. Go to the Apple store Find macOS 10.13.10.13.4 update. Click Download and fill in your Apple ID when asked. After you download the macOS 10.13/10.13.4 upgrade software, install the software and update Mac computer to macOS 10.13 or 10.13.4 High Sierra by following the onscreen.
- I updated my MacBook Pro to the macOS High Sierra 10.13.4. My Microsoft Word (and other Microsoft products) no longer will open. It prompts me to get the latest version from the app store, however, my product key does not work for the new version for Word. How can I use my 2011 student version of Office 2011 for Mac on my laptop?
- Upgrading my Macbook Pro late 2011 to High Sierra was pretty painless. I was installing an SSD to replace the current HDD at the time so it was as simple as restoring the current drive to the SSD, swapping drives, booting into Sierra and THEN upgrading to High Sierra.
- Mac OS Sierra Download 10.12: —————— File name: Install macOS Sierra.zip File size: 4.44GB Version: macOS Sierra Mac OS Sierra Direct Download: Direct Download. Mac OS Sierra Torrent Download: Download. Note: Let Us Know In comments if any link is not working, We will update ASAP.
Many Mac users that are trying to download macOS High Sierra from the Mac App Store will find that the small version of 19 MB of “Instead of the whole 5.2 GB installer for macOS High Sierra.app” has a download on the /Application folder of the target Mac. This is annoying as it prevents the use of one single download on many computers plus.
To get the latest features and maintain the security, stability, compatibility, and performance of your Mac, it's important to keep your software up to date. Apple recommends that you always use the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Learn how to upgrade to macOS Big Sur, the latest version of macOS.
If a macOS installer can't be used on your Mac, the installer will let you know. For example, it might say that your Mac doesn't have enough free storage space for the installation, or that the installer is too old to be opened on this version of macOS.
If you want to check compatibility before downloading the installer, learn about the minimum requirements for macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite. You can also check compatible operating systems on the product-ID page for MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, or Mac Pro.
Make a backup
Before installing, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you're plugged into AC power and have a reliable internet connection.
These installers from the App Store open automatically after you download them:
- macOS Catalina 10.15 can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
- macOS Mojave 10.14 can upgrade High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion
Your web browser downloads the following older installers as a disk image named InstallOS.dmg or InstallMacOSX.dmg. Open the disk image, then open the .pkg installer inside the disk image. It installs an app named Install [Version Name]. Open that app from your Applications folder to begin installing the operating system.
- macOS Sierra 10.12 can upgrade El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, or Lion
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 can upgrade Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
- OS X Yosemite 10.10can upgrade Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
Follow the onscreen instructions in the installer. It might be easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
If the installer asks for permission to install a helper tool, enter the administrator name and password that you use to log in to your Mac, then click Add Helper.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
You might also be able to use macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS you're using now, upgrade to the latest compatible macOS, or install the macOS that came with your Mac.
Apple File System (APFS)
- APFS is a new, advanced storage architecture providing an extensible foundation to support new features and future storage technologies on the Mac.
- APFS brings support for the latest high-capacity storage devices and delivers enhanced performance, security and reliability.
- With APFS, common operations such as copying files and directories are nearly instantaneous.
- Data is protected from power outages and system crashes thanks to advanced data integrity features.
- APFS currently supports every Mac with all‑flash internal storage — support for Fusion and HDD Mac systems will be available in a future update.
- HEVC (H.265) is a new industry standard that enables extremely efficient compression, streaming and playback of video.
- HEVC enables users to watch 4K video files at full quality, while requiring 40 percent less storage space than the current H.264 standard.1
- With HEVC, Apple is enabling high-quality 4K video streaming on networks where only HD streaming was previously possible.2
- Hardware acceleration on the new iMac and MacBook Pro delivers incredibly fast and power-efficient HEVC encoding and playback.
- Developers like Adobe, Blackmagic Design, GoPro and more are joining Apple in adopting HEVC.
- Metal is Apple’s advanced graphics technology and the fastest, most efficient way to tap into GPU power on the Mac.
- Metal 2 supports next-generation experiences like machine learning used in speech recognition, natural language processing and computer vision.
- Metal 2 features a refined API and improved performance that’s helping developers, including Unity, Epic, Valve, Pixelmator and more, accelerate their future apps.
- With the combination of Thunderbolt 3 and Metal 2, the most demanding Mac users can now access powerful external GPUs.
2011 Macbook Pro Update To High Sierra
- With Core ML, Apple brings the power of machine learning to all Apple developers, enabling the creation of entirely new kinds of apps.
- Core ML takes full advantage of Metal and Accelerate, delivering incredible power, speed and efficiency to machine learning operations such as computer vision, natural language and support for convolutional and recurrent neural networks.
- All of the computation and processing driven through Core ML is done on-device in a way that respects customers’ data and privacy.
- Developers are already using Core ML to enhance apps like Pixelmator Pro, which uses machine learning to detect and understand various features within images and create intelligent editing solutions.
- macOS High Sierra adds support for VR content creation for the first time, enabling developers to create immersive gaming, 3D and VR content on the Mac.
- Leading VR companies are working with Apple to drive VR innovation on the Mac with features coming later this year.
- Valve is optimizing its SteamVR platform for macOS and enabling connection of the HTC Vive headset, while Unity and Epic are bringing their VR development tools to macOS.
- Later this year, Final Cut Pro X will add support for professional 360-degree VR workflows with the ability to import, edit and export 360-degree video on the Mac.
- An updated, always-on sidebar and new filtering and selection tools make photo organization quick and easy.
- A refreshed editing UI includes powerful new editing tools like Curves, for fine-tuning contrast, and Selective Color, for making adjustments to a specific color range.
- Live Photos can now be edited with fun effects, like Loop, Bounce and Long Exposure, and users can also choose a different key photo.
- Third-party editors like Photoshop, Pixelmator and other apps can be launched from Photos, with edits saved back to the Photos library.
- Support for third-party project extensions provides access to printing and publishing services from Shutterfly, WhiteWall, Wix, ifolor, Mimeo and Mpix from right within the app.
- Safari stops media with audio from automatically playing in the browser, and Reader can automatically open articles in a clean, uncluttered format.
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention in Safari detects and eliminates cookies and other data used by advertisers for cross-site tracking, to help keep a user’s browsing private.
- Siri on the Mac responds with a more natural voice and learns music preferences, creates custom playlists and answers music trivia when using Apple Music.
- Touch Bar on MacBook Pro gets new Control Strip options plus an improved color picker and more video controls.
- Notes adds simple tables, allowing a user to type in cells, make edits and move rows and columns.
- Spotlight provides flight status information, including departure and arrival times, delays, gates, terminals and even a map of the flight path.
Images of macOS High Sierra
1 Amount of disk space saved depends on specific video file and hardware used. Actual results may vary.
2 The playback of 4K HEVC content requires a Mac with a sixth‑generation Intel Core processor or newer.
2011 Macbook Pro Die Is I Download High Sierra Leone
Apple Media Helpline