- Be sure to change /Volumes/My Passport 1/Downloads/with the absolute path to your new Downloads folder you created in the new location. In my case, Mac OS gave my external drive the path /Volumes/My Passport 1/ and then I add the /Downloads/ part to the path in the command.
- Step 2: Change the setting, enable your Mac can download from 'Anywhere'. If you have upgraded your Mac to macOS 10.12 Sierra or higher, you just click 'Open Anyway', like this: Step 3: Re-download the software or re-open the download file on your Mac.
- When using your Mac, and especially if it is a laptop system that you take on the road, you might find yourself in a situation where you would like to share your location with others. Perhaps you are working at a cafe and want to show a friend where you are, or maybe tweet this to others.
- Can I turn off location services for my MacBook Pro? It is possible to disable Location Services in Mac OS X. First, go to your System Preferences and selec.
A download is pretty much useless if you can't find it on your Mac. But that won't be a problem for you, because we're about to discuss multiple quick and easy ways to locate files on your.
Is the Downloads folder missing from the Dock on your Mac? No problem. You can easily get it back. There are two simple ways you can re-add Downloads folder on your Mac. While one way is to drag it from Home directory, the other way is to reset the dock. Let’s head over to know how they work:
Downloads Folder Missing from Dock on Mac? Check Out these Quick Ways to Get it Back
Method #1: Drag the Downloads folder from the Home Directory
This is the easier method of re-adding the Downloads folder to the Dock. Besides, it won’t change the existing customization.
Step #1. First off, launch Finder on your Mac.
Step #2. Now, click on the “Go” menu.
Step #3. Next, you need to select “Home.”
Step #4. Next up, find the “Downloads” folder in the Home directory. Then, you have to click and drag on Downloads and drop it into the Dock.
The Downloads folder will be back to the Dock. These steps can work for adding other files to the Mac dock as well.
Method #2: Reset Dock
You can bring the Downloads folder back to the Dock by resetting it. However, this method will remove the existing customization.
Step #1. Open Terminal on your Mac.
Step #2. Enter the following command syntax:
defaults delete com.apple.dock; killall Dock
Step #3. Now, press the Return key.
The Dock will now quit and relaunch with default icon choices.
I keep Downloads folder in the Dock to easily access the downloaded files. I had once mistakenly removed it from the Dock but using the above-mentioned steps, I could get it back without any problem.
Have any feedback? Feel free to share it with us.
You might want to refer these posts as well:
Jignesh Padhiyar is the co-founder of iGeeksBlog.com who has a keen eye for news, rumors and all the unusual stuff that happens around Apple products. During his tight schedule, Jignesh finds some moments of respite to share side-splitting contents on social media.
Macbook Air Os Download
- https://www.igeeksblog.com/author/iosblogger/How to Share Purchased Apps Between iPhones and iPads