While GoPro now longer offers a GoPro Studio Download link on their website, it is possible to download GoPro Studio from an alternate source. But what happened to GoPro Studio anyway?
What happened to the GoPro Studio download? On their FAQ page, GoPro has posted that GoPro Studio will no longer be available to download. This free video editing platform has been completely discontinued and is no longer bundled with the “Quik” download.
Click the appropriate download button for your operating system. Run the downloaded setup file and install all the accompanying plugins. Click here tor refer to GoPro's documentation for the Windows installation of GoPro Fusion Studio. Click here to refer to GoPro's documentation for the Mac installation of GoPro Fusion Studio.
- 1 GoPro subscription cloud storage does not support content captured with GoPro Fusion. 2 Exchange up to two cameras per year for the same model (GoPro Fusion and HERO5 or later). Available in these countries only. 3 Applies only to purchases made on gopro.com. Some accessories excluded; learn more. Limited to a maximum of 10 items.
- Hi after having to update my new lap top due to a driver issue I had to re-install studio, following the normal steps on gopro.com I entered my email address and operating system and click 'download'. Tried on y old lap top and the same really annoying as im going on holiday in 2 days and need the studio to do daily vids.
In GoPro’s words, “…GoPro Studio has reached its end-of-life for support.”
GoPro Studio Download for Windows
If you’re looking for a GoPro Studio download for Windows, it looks like this guy has a bunch of versions of GoPro Studio to download. I don’t necessarily recommend doing this, but there it is if you want it. I don’t see a Mac version on that page.
To be perfectly honest with you, I don’t know why you’d want to continue using a piece of software that’s a buggy as GoPro Studio is/was! There are lots of options out there for GoPro video editing, so if you’re into that, continue reading.
Best GoPro Studio Alternatives
GoPro Studio has been buggy, crashy, and frustrating (especially for PC users) for quite awhile now, and while I was hoping they’d continue to improve the software (for the users’ sake), it looks like they’ve done the opposite.
The good news is, there are TONS of alternative options to GoPro Studio for Mac and PC users. In fact, many free or less than $100. (The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking our links. Read my disclosure policy here.)
VIDEO: Best GoPro Editing Software Options
GoPro Studio Alternatives for Mac
Download Gopro Studio 2.0.1 Macbook
iMovie is free and you probably already have it on your Mac! If you're looking to get started learning iMovie, here's a great tutorial. Premiere Elements ($99 but goes on sale A LOT) I love Premiere Elements because it's set up for different levels of video editing experiences. Plus, it comes from Adobe, the creator of world-class video editing platform, Premiere Pro. Filmora from Wondershare is also a popular choice for beginners.
Final Cut Pro as an option for more advanced editing as well, although I prefer Premiere Pro.
GoPro Studio Alternatives for Windows
Premiere Elements is also available for PC users, and this is actually my #1 favorite for PC users right now. Again, I really like Premiere Elements because it's geared for beginners but has a more advanced workflow available as well. Premiere Pro also works great for PC users! Filmora from Wondershare is also a popular choice for beginners who use Windows. Some other editors that are Windows-only include PowerDirector, Pinnacle Studio, Magix, and Vegas (which used to be a Sony platform, but it's now owned by Magix).
You might also be interested in more posts related to GoPro stuff and video editing software:
Gopro Studio 2.5 Download
So what does this mean for you if you already have GoPro Studio? It sounds like you can continue to use it. The latest version is 2.5... hopefully yours is up to date! Let me know in the comments if you're still using GoPro Studio or if you've switched to another GoPro editing platform?
Download Gopro Studio 2.0.1 Mac Os
You know I do tons of tutorials and how-to’s on GoPros and GoPro Studio, but let’s back this train up just a little bit and talk about how to install GoPro Software – GoPro Studio – on your Windows or Mac computer.
Download Gopro Studio 2.0.1 Mac Catalina
GoPro makes it really easy to download their free video editing software. You’ll be editing your GoPro videos in just a few minutes with the easy installation of GoPro Studio!
The first thing you’ll have to do before you install GoPro Studio is actually download the software from http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp. Click GoPro Studio (not GoPro App).
- Review system requirements and verify that your computer meets the minimum requirements for your operating system and hardware. System requirements can be found (here: http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp).
- Hit “Download Now”. The website will automatically detect whether you’re on a Mac and PC, but double check first.
For Windows (PC) Users
- After you download the file, locate the installer file. Double-click on that (it will probably GoPro somewhere in the file name). to launch the Install Wizard. The Wizard will walk you through the installation process.
- Install the device driver from Woodman Labs. Check “always trust drivers from Woodman Labs” checkbox to avoid possible issues in the future.
- This should complete the process for installing GoPro Studio
For Mac Users
GoPro Studio is installed by launching the installer file that can be downloaded from http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp.
- After you download the file, locate the installer file (it will probably GoPro somewhere in the file name). Double-click on that file to launch the installer package on your desktop. The Wizard will walk you through the installation process.
- You will notice a progress bar indicating the extraction process. When complete, you will have a DMG icon on your desktop.
- Double-click on the GoPro Studio DMG icon to open the installer package.
- Double-Click on the icon that looks like a box. This will launch the Install Wizard which will guide you through the installation process.
- This should complete the process for installing GoPro Studio
Hey don’t forget about my freebie Prep Sheet that you can get when you join the VidPro VIP Launch List over atvidproacademy.com.