Last updated: October 22, 2017
These downloads are intended for established users, and contain the latest IBM fixes and Oracle updates to the Java SE application programming interfaces (APIs). To take advantage of new capabilities in the SDK, users are encouraged to move to the latest version. Java enables developers to create software on one platform and provide it to users running other platforms. Thus, an application developed on Windows can successfully run on Mac or Linux and vice. Download Apple Java for OS X 10.7/10.8 for Mac to patch Java SE 6 components.
Looking for Java for Mac OS X? No matter which web browser you use with your Mac, you will need the Java plug-in from Oracle in order to view content that uses Java, such as Java applets. Java content is common on the Internet. As of the release of Java 7 Update 6, you can download and install Java for Mac OS X directly from the Java.com web site. There is no longer a need to get Java updates from the App Store (or from Software Updates). To download and install Java for Mac OS X, just follow these steps.
1. You can download, install and update Java for Mac OS X directly from the Java.com web site. Please note that the Recommended Version of Java you encounter may be different than pictured as new Java updates are released.
2. Click Agree and Start Free Download, and a download icon will display in the tool bar area of your browser. You can click the download icon to view the download progress.
3. Once completely downloaded, double-click on the box icon that displays in the notification window to start the installation process.
4. When prompted to Open the installation file, click the Open button.
5. If prompted to type a Username and Password for your Mac, input it, then click Install Helper to proceed.
6. The Installer will launch. Click Next to proceed.
7. You may be prompted to install a third-party search app. If you do not want to install the third-party search app, uncheck both check boxes. Click Next to proceed.
8. The installation will begin. A progress bar will display in the installation dialog to let you know the status.
9. A notification dialog will display when the installation has completed successfully. Click the Close button.
10. To verify your Java installation, visit the Java web site. If prompted to Activate Java, click the Activate Java link in the web page.
You may also see an address bar notification asking you to allow the web site you are visiting to run “Java”.
Click Allow Now to run Java one time, or click Allow and Remember to run Java any time the site is visited. The Java content will load in the web page…finally!
Thank you for visiting Tech Help Knowledgebase to learn how to download and install Java for Mac OS X.
Download Java For Mac Os
Tech Help Knowledgebase creates how-to articles and video tutorials for common issues, and provides technical support for the categories covered by our site.