Sonos Controller for Windows is a small utility which provides you with control over your music.
The wireless-enabled program can play music in different rooms connected to your LAN which connects with your iTunes library. It supports not only iTunes purchases, but also MP3 files, online radio and more... including support for music services like Last.fm and Spotify.
Sonos Controller for PC is handy, but is only useful with wireless devices connected to your WiFi network and as such, you should have the Android or iOS versions installed on the mobile device of your choice.
Sonos Controller supports drag-and-drop, a unified search box, various online music services and a simply user interface.
Mac users interested in Sonos os 10.5 generally download: Sonos 12.0 Free Sonos (formerly Sonos Desktop Controller) allows you to control software for the Sonos Music System. Sonos (formerly Sonos Desktop Controller) allows you to control software for the Sonos Music System. When it comes to playing music, we believe all rooms should be created equal. That's why you can put ZonePlayers in absolutely any room where you want music - either connected directly to speakers or to your home theater and stereo system. Download the Controller app and Set-Up Step 1 – Download the Sonos Controller app from the iTunes store. Step 2 – Open the Sonos Controller app from the Dock or Finder. Step 3 – Tap Next and go to the Set-Up New System function.
Features and highlights
- Stream music content straight from your iOS device to your Sonos system
- Play from as many iOS devices in the home as you want
- Create a playlist of music from multiple iOS devices at once. Select audio from your iOS device(s) and then you can use any Sonos controller to control playback
- Autodiscovery of your Sonos Zoneplayers
- Playback (play, pause, stop) & Volume control
- Group zones (un-group by clicking the stop button on the specific zone widget)
- Quick access to your favorite radio stations, Sonos playlists, Line-in, Sonos Favorites
- Quick search and play Albums, Artists, Tracks
- Support for multiple active widgets, each controlling a zone and having its own color
- Start official Sonos app with a click of a button (big widget only)
- Single zone and group volume control
- Sleep Timer
Sonos Controller on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from remote desktop software without restrictions. Sonos Controller S2 12.2 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows 10 PCs but also without a hitch on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Compatibility with this sonos controller software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of Sonos Controller may be available from Sonos Inc.Filed under:
- Sonos Controller Download
- Freeware Remote Desktop Software
- Sonos Controlation Software
Sonos is one of the most popular brands when it comes to speakers. Why wouldn’t it? This brand is widely used by music lovers who want to get the most of their home entertainment system.
While everyone is going wireless, Sonos continues to be on the forefront in audio devices. With the Sonos speakers, you can easily streamline your music and play music in every room.
It has a wireless smart system that allows you to connect your device to your wi-fi network at home. At the same time, it creates its own network so that you’re not using your wi-fi’s bandwidth. If you want to set up and play your favorite music around your household using Sonos speakers, let us guide you with some easy and simple steps.
Why Apple Users Can Benefit from Using Sonos Speakers
If you’re an Apple user, you’ll be happy to know that Sonos has an app for your iPhone and iPad. Meanwhile, Sonos also gives you control over your music library using your Mac.
If you are a subscriber of Apple Music, you can also listen and stream your music to Sonos speakers via the controller app found on your iPhone or iPad. You can also enjoy the variety of music on your Apple Music catalog or personal music library. With Sonos speakers, you can do so much more.
Hence, a lot of Apple users choose Sonos as their speakers because it works effortlessly with your Apple device whether it’s a Mac, iPhone or iPad. In this article, let us help you through the process of setting up your Sonos speakers so that you can play your favorite tunes in your Mac and other Apple devices.
Watch this video on YouTube
How to Set Up your Sonos Speakers to Tour Apple Device
Sonos Controller Download For Mac
Link Your Apple Music to Your Sonos Speakers
If you want to link your tunes from your Apple music library to your Sonos speakers. Here’s what you need to do.
Sonos Controller Download Windows 10
- Step 1 – Go to the Apple store then download and install the Sonos Controller app on your Apple device.
- Step 2 – Open the Sonos Controller app and navigate the More option at the bottom right part of your screen.
- Step 3 – Click on the Add Music Services.
- Step 4 – Go to Apple Music and click on the function Add to Sonos.
- Step 5 – Log in to your account with your Apple ID and password.
- Step 6 – Open the app.
Play Music on Your Sonos Speakers
Now that you’ve linked your Apple Music to your Sonos speakers, just follow the next steps.
- Step 1 – Open the Sonos Controller app.
- Step 2 – Go the Browse tab and open Apple Music.
- Step 3 – Once you’re in the library, select your chosen song, playlist or album.
- Step 4 – Click Play.
- Step 5 – Tap the mini-player found at the bottom of your screen and select your Sonos speaker on the list.
One of the perks of using a Sonos speaker with your Apple device is that you can play all your songs on your speakers simultaneously through the Apple Music feature in your Sonos app. If your Sonos speakers are enabled with AirPlay 2, you can also enjoy the same benefits.
However, you need to use your Apple Control Center instead of the Sonos app to navigate the functions. The Sonos app only lets you control the Sonos speakers.
Setting Up your Sonos Speakers Your Mac
Here are the following steps you can follow if you’re using your Mac to play tunes on your Sonos speakers.
Download the Controller app and Set-Up
- Step 1 – Download the Sonos Controller app from the iTunes store.
- Step 2 – Open the Sonos Controller app from the Dock or Finder.
- Step 3 – Tap Next and go to the Set-Up New System function.
- Step 4 – Choose the Standard Set-Up option and click Next.
- Step 5 – Tap on the lock and enter your name and password.
- Step 6 – Click OK to enable your Sonos speakers to connect to your Mac.
- Step 7 – Once the screen prompts Connect to Power, tap Next. Make sure your device is plugged in your Sonos speaker.
- Step 8 – After the green light starts to flash, click Next. The light may not be visible at first so you need to check the play/pause button to locate it.
- Step 9 – Go to the dropdown menu on the setup screen and choose Sonos on the list.
Set Up the Wireless Function and Register
- Step 1 – Tap on the Set Up This Player function and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Step 2 – Click Next when the Wireless Setup setting is prompted.
- Step 3 – Input your wi-fi’s network and password.
- Step 4 – Click Next after the player has been added.
- Step 5 – Go to the menu and select Choose Room.
- Step 6 – Pick the room that your Sonos speaker is set up and click Next.
- Step 7 – You have the option to Add Another Player and continue to follow the same steps.
- Step 8 – If there aren’t any, click Not Now.
- Step 9 – Go to Next and write down your email address in the Registration set up. Do not check any items that you are not interested in.
- Step 10 – Go to the menu and continue to fill in the areas required in the registration process.
- Step 11 – Once you’ve completed the process, tap Next on the screen that says Registration Complete.
- Step 12 – Choose the option on how you want to set up your music library. You have the option to click Set up my music now or I’ll set up my music later.
If you choose to set it up now then Sonos will give you instructions on how to add your music to the Sonos controller app. On the other hand, if you select later, you’ll be redirected to the music services instead.
- Step 13 – Click Next and Done to finish the setup process.
Enjoy Listening to Your Favorite Music on Your Mac Using Sonos Speakers
Now that you’ve completed all the steps above, you can start streaming music from your Apple Music library and enjoy the crisp sounds on your Sonos speakers via your Controller app.
We hope that we were able to help you set up your Sonos speakers without any hitch. If you find this article helpful, please share it with your family and friends. Leave your comments below in case you have any feedback or questions and we’ll get back to you the soonest.