- Download Free Vlc Player For Mac
- Free Download Vlc For Macbook Pro
- Download Vlc Player For Macbook Pro
VLC Media Player is available on several popular platforms. This free and awesome player is readily available for Apple computer users. The software is freely available for Mac OS X systems. Different versions of the player is required for a different Mac OS X version and the VideoLAN team has got it covered. Read the instructions below to understand how you will be able to install VLC in your Mac.
Being objective: for anyone discovering VLC, it's a great multi-purpose player. But for old users: v3 is not still on a par with v2.2.8!:-o I'm essentially having issues with my TV provider streams: - subtitles: way too big even with 'Smaller' selected in the menu (ok, this was not much better in 2.2.8 as the menu options weren't working at all, but at least the subtitles had the right size.
- The newest alternative to play Windows Media files on Mac is Flip4Mac, a plugin for QuickTime that gives you the possibility to play Windows formats using the the Apple multimedia player. Microsoft stopped updating Windows Media Player for Mac some time ago. However, if you still want to install it, be patient, it will not be easy.
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel. Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required. Get it for PowerPC or Intel. Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required. Get it for PowerPC. Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar.
Downloading for Mac
Basically, you download a dmg package for your Mac computers from the following page:
You will see different download links for:
VLC for Mac OS X: 64 bit VLC dmg package download link which works for Mac OS X 10.6 and later.
32 bits Intel Mac: This dmg package is for 32 bit Intel Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard users.
PowerPC Mac: Dmg package for 32 bit PowerPC Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard users.
You will also see two web browser plugin download links. Those are for playing/streaming videos straight from your browser. The plugins are available for Intel Mac and Power Mac users. They require the OS X version to be 10.5 or lower.
Installing in Mac OS X
- Download VLC installation file from the location mentioned above (VideoLAN website).
- Locate the downloaded file which will be named something like vlc-2.1.0.dmg
- Open the file. After verifying the contents of the file, it will open.
- Click and drag the VLC icon to the applications folder. Release it.
- VLC will be copied to your applications folder.
- Double click on VLC media player (the icon with the cone). Provide it the permissions if your Mac computer asks for it.
- VLC Media Player will launch for the first time. Use it to play all your media with ease.
3. QuickTime Won't Play AVI Files Problems and Solutions
I have a number of movie files that will not open and play with my Quicktime player even though they are .avi files...Should I download a file converter to change the AVI file format, say, mov. or download a codec to decode AVI files on MacBook.
This is because AVI codec, which is a bit complicated. Put it simply, you need to know how the AVI file is coded, and download the right codec to decode and reencode AVI video on Mac computer. Most AVI videos use Xvid, DivX and 3ivX codecs. It is a huge task to figure out codec your AVI files use and download the proper codec to open and watch AVI video on MacBook. If you are a person who struggle with technical things, this way is not recommended.
Download Free Vlc Player For Mac
To realize a flawless AVI playback experience on your Macbook, you can install QuickTime component Perian. Perian helps QuickTime play AVI on MacBook, also other formats MKV, FLV, MTS, DivX, WMA and more. After being installed, Perian works automatically when playing AVI files with QT in MacBook. However, you need to note that QuickTime won’t play all media types, including AVI files with codecs unaccepted by QT. What's more, Perian is no longer under development and it fails to work with QuickTime 10 or later. So, we suggest you to convert AVI to MP4, MOV QuickTime supported formats.
Free Download Vlc For Macbook Pro
Download Vlc Player For Macbook Pro
Author: Candice Liu Updated on May 25, 2020