While GoPro now longer offers a GoPro Studio Download link on their website, it is possible to download GoPro Studio from an alternate source. But what happened to GoPro Studio anyway?
What happened to the GoPro Studio download? On their FAQ page, GoPro has posted that GoPro Studio will no longer be available to download. This free video editing platform has been completely discontinued and is no longer bundled with the “Quik” download.
Gopro Download To Mac
Download GoPro Studio. GoPro Studio software makes it easy to import and view your GoPro media and create professional-quality videos. 1 GoPro subscription available in select territories. See terms + conditions for more details. 2 Applies only to purchases made on GoPro.com.Some accessories excluded; learn more.Limited to a maximum of 10 items per subscription anniversary year. 3 Exchange up to two cameras per year for the same model (GoPro Fusion and HERO5 or later).
In GoPro’s words, “…GoPro Studio has reached its end-of-life for support.”
GoPro Studio Download for Windows
If you’re looking for a GoPro Studio download for Windows, it looks like this guy has a bunch of versions of GoPro Studio to download. I don’t necessarily recommend doing this, but there it is if you want it. I don’t see a Mac version on that page.
To be perfectly honest with you, I don’t know why you’d want to continue using a piece of software that’s a buggy as GoPro Studio is/was! There are lots of options out there for GoPro video editing, so if you’re into that, continue reading.
Best GoPro Studio Alternatives
GoPro Studio has been buggy, crashy, and frustrating (especially for PC users) for quite awhile now, and while I was hoping they’d continue to improve the software (for the users’ sake), it looks like they’ve done the opposite.
The good news is, there are TONS of alternative options to GoPro Studio for Mac and PC users. In fact, many free or less than $100. (The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking our links. Read my disclosure policy here.)
VIDEO: Best GoPro Editing Software Options
Gopro Studio 2.5 Download
GoPro Studio Alternatives for Mac
Gopro Studio For Mac
iMovie is free and you probably already have it on your Mac! If you're looking to get started learning iMovie, here's a great tutorial. Premiere Elements ($99 but goes on sale A LOT) I love Premiere Elements because it's set up for different levels of video editing experiences. Plus, it comes from Adobe, the creator of world-class video editing platform, Premiere Pro. Filmora from Wondershare is also a popular choice for beginners.
Final Cut Pro as an option for more advanced editing as well, although I prefer Premiere Pro.
GoPro Studio Alternatives for Windows
Premiere Elements is also available for PC users, and this is actually my #1 favorite for PC users right now. Again, I really like Premiere Elements because it's geared for beginners but has a more advanced workflow available as well. Premiere Pro also works great for PC users! Filmora from Wondershare is also a popular choice for beginners who use Windows. Some other editors that are Windows-only include PowerDirector, Pinnacle Studio, Magix, and Vegas (which used to be a Sony platform, but it's now owned by Magix).
You might also be interested in more posts related to GoPro stuff and video editing software:
So what does this mean for you if you already have GoPro Studio? It sounds like you can continue to use it. The latest version is 2.5... hopefully yours is up to date! Let me know in the comments if you're still using GoPro Studio or if you've switched to another GoPro editing platform?
GoPro Studio software makes it easy to import your GoPro media, play back your videos and Time Lapse photo sequences, view photos and create professional-quality videos. We’ve taken our most popular GoPro videos and turned them into GoPro Edit Templates that help fast-track you to an incredible edit. The music, edit points, slow-motion effects and more have been dialed—all you have to do is replace our video clips with yours. Or if you want to create edits from scratch, you can do that, too. Trim and mix clips. Add titles, music, audio tracks and more. Adjust video playback speeds for ultra slow motion and fast motion—Flux makes speed changes super smooth. Plus, view HiLight Tags to quickly find your best clips for more convenient playback and editing.
- Automatically import your GoPro media
- Play back your GoPro videos and view your photos
- Play back and export your Time Lapse photo sequences as videos
- View HiLight Tags to quickly find your best clips for more convenient playback and editing1
- Easily create engaging GoPro-style videos—trim, edit and mix video clips, plus add titles, music and audio tracks
- Flux enables super smooth ultra slow-motion and fast-motion speed changes
- GoPro Edit Templates help fast-track you to an incredible edit by dialing the music, edit points, motion effects and more
- Export video still frames at full resolution
- Fisheye adjustment control
- Edit immersive 3D videos (requires Dual HERO System2)
- Update your camera software for the latest features and best performance3
- Supports GoPro, Canon, Nikon and other constant frame rate H.264 mp4 and .mov4 formats
- New: Project Autosave
- New: Alt+dragging clip replacement
- New: GoPro Edit Templates make it easy to create GoPro-style videos
- New: Trim, mix and color controls
- New: Add titles, music, audio tracks and more
- New: Fisheye adjustment control
- New: Adjust video playback speed for fast or slow motion
- New: Export video still frames at full resolution
- Create videos from time-lapse photo sequences
- Create time-lapse photo sequences from videos
- Edit immersive 3D videos (requires 3D HERO System, sold separately)
- Supports GoPro, Canon, Nikon and other constant frame rate H.264 mp4 and .mov formats
- GoPro CineForm codec provides up to 1080p with deep color in 3rd party software
Gopro Quick Download For Mac
Software similar to GoPro Studio 7
- 41 votes3D Modeling, Animation, Rendering, and Realtime 3D/game creation.
- 33 votesDesigned to be intuitive, VideoPad is a fully featured video editor for creating professional quality videos in minutes. Making movies has never been easier.
- 54 votesFree and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.