macOS Big Sur elevates the most advanced desktop operating system in the world to a new level of power and beauty. Experience Mac to the fullest with a refined new design. Enjoy the biggest Safari update ever. Discover new features for Maps and Messages. And get even more transparency around your privacy.
Can't install the direct download and cannot install via Creative Cloud. FYI — I'm on an enterprise account through school but this never happened to me on my previous installs. Also, I logged out and un-installed all Adobe products from my old laptop before installing on my new MacBook Pro. Basically the title. I'm a college student and only really use my macbook pro to do light school work. But everytime there's a word doc or a pdf I have to download, it saves it as a Zip file and everytime I try to open it, it just duplicates.
macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers:
MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later
Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later
iMac introduced in 2014 or later
Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
View the complete list of compatible computers.
If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, macOS Big Sur requires 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, macOS Big Sur requires up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.
Make a backup
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download macOS Big Sur
Can I Download Minecraft On My Macbook Pro
If you're using macOS Mojave or later, get macOS Big Sur via Software Update: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or use this link to open the macOS Big Sur page on the App Store: Get macOS Big Sur. Then click the Get button or iCloud download icon.
After downloading, the installer opens automatically.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
If the installer asks for permission to install a helper tool, enter the administrator name and password that you use to log in to your Mac, then click Add Helper.
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
Stay up to date
After installing macOS Big Sur, you will be notified when updates to macOS Big Sur are available. You can also use Software Update to check for updates: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or get macOS Big Sur automatically
If you're using OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 or later and your App Store preferences or Software Update preferences are set to download new updates when available, macOS Big Sur will download conveniently in the background, making it even easier to upgrade. A notification will inform you when macOS Big Sur is ready to be installed. Click Install to get started, or dismiss the notification to install later. When you're ready to install, just open the file named Install macOS Big Sur from your Applications folder.
I Can't Download Itunes On My Macbook Pro
- If the installer shows a list of apps that are not optimized for your Mac, learn about 32-bit app compatibility, then choose whether to proceed with the installation.
- For the strongest security and latest features, upgrade to macOS Big Sur. If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with Big Sur, you might be able to install an earlier macOS.
- You can also use macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS you're using now, upgrade to the latest compatible macOS, or install the macOS that came with your Mac.
Is there a way to transfer apps from my iPhone 5 to my Macbook Pro? So I will not have to repurchase them? (e.g. I have Pages on iPhone but not Mac, would I be able to download it again for free?)
Thanks in advance
I Can't Download Apps On My Macbook Pro
Added (1). Also, when I go into the Mac App Store, Pages is still available only for the paid price? I assumed it would just say 'Download' or something. I mean the Mac equivalent of the iPhone apps, but just wondering if I can get them free?
Download Software For Macbook Pro
That won't work, because iPhone and MacBook Pro are using different operating systems.
The iPhone version of Pages (or any other app) will not work on the Mac. They are completely different systems and need their own version of the app. Once an app is purchased it can be re-downloaded for free but the version for the Mac can't be downloaded after purchasing the iPhone version.
Can I Download Zoom On My Macbook Pro
No you can't get the Mac versions of iPhone apps for free. The iPhone apps are designed specifically for the iPhone. They can't run natively on the Mac as standalone applications. At any rate the Mac applications are many times more powerful and contain more features. The reason the Mac App store says a price and is not available to download is because it is not the same program as the iPhone one. You can download the iPhone one as many times as you like from the iPhone app store within iTunes. If you want Mac apps you will have to pay for them. I'm surprised this is such a big deal for you, they don't exactly charge much for them.
Mac iPad Manager from 4easysoft.com is the best choice for Mac users who are iPhone fans.
Can't Log Into Macbook Air
- Transfer iPhone music/photos/apps onto new Macbook Pro? I just purchased a Macbook Pro yesterday and I plugged my iPhone 5 into it and was expecting the music to be automatically transferred to my computer, but that did not happen. How do I transfer my music/photos/apps onto my macbook? The computer I had previously used for iTunes is gone and unable to use.
- Is there a way that i can transfer everything from my iphone 4s to my macbook pro? I'm now backing up my phone from icloud just in case i want all of my music to be transferred to my computers iTunes from my phone. Is there anyway?
- IPhone 4 to Macbook Pro music transfer? I have an iPhone 4, and I just recently received my Macbook Pro with Retina Display. Because my old laptop is too dysfunctional, and freezes every time I try to do a music transfer from that laptop, I have to find other means of music transfer. I'm looking for a FREE program that I can download that will transfer my music (and movies, audiobooks, etc) from my iPhone 4 to my new Macbook. So far, every program I have tried doesn't register that my iPhone is even connected.
- How to transfer videos on MacBook Pro to iphone? I want to transfer videos from my MacBook Pro to my iphone 4s. I want to be able to watch them after storing them in my 'Videos' How do I do that?