iMovie is an excellent program to edit video clips for Mac or iOS systems. In order to download iMovie for free, you might have to jailbreak on iOS device first. The article explains the best iMovie alternatives and the detail ways to get iMovie for free. Check out more detail from the article now.
With an all-new design, Apple iMovie lets you enjoy your videos like never before. Browse your clips more easily, instantly share your favorite moments, and create beautiful HD movies and Hollywood-style trailers. And when you’re ready to premiere on all your devices, iMovie Theater rolls out the red carpet. Plus, iMovie HD 6 is great for anyone using a PowerPC G4 machine with iLife '08 or '09 and doesn't want to bother with the hack for installing the newer iMovie (if the Mac is CoreImage-compatible). It was designed for use on G4, G5 AND Intel machines. Have shoot many sport videos? IMovie's sport theme is made for you.
- However, iDVD theme is not currently available on new macOS High Sierra computers, but you can download it from Softonic and use it following this tutorial. Considering the inconvenience it brings, we recommend Wondershare DVD Creator, which is the best alternative to create DVD menus both on the lastest Mac and Windows system.
- . OPTIMIZED for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. (Apple's iMovie requires an iPhone 4 or Mac computer, but you can create your images to use on it with any of the iOS devices and send them to your Mac or iPhone via email or syncing.). PUSH NOTIFICATION when new images have been added to the master library.
The Best iMovie Equivalent for Windows: Tipard Total Media Converter
When you are looking for iMovie fro Windows, Tipard Total Media Converter is your right choice. It has the similar functionalities as iMovie and has a user-friendly interface. What's more, the program is able to convert DVD and other video formats that are not supported by iMovie.
- 1. The powerful converting function supports DVD, video formats and fashionable portable devices compatible formats. You can extract the video clips as resource from anywhere you want.
- 2. The amazing editing functions should also be mentioned. Except for the basic editing functions, such as trim, crop, split, combine, add text or watermark, you can also convert video to 3D video.
- 3. With the advanced NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP encoding technology, you are able to enjoy the 6X faster for converting speed now.
- 4. Enhance the video quality and customize the settings for the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, video bitrate and customize the settings of Audio encoder.
As for the Mac users, you can also use the program to convert videos from different channels to the compatible format of iMovie. It should be the best converter and edit to go with iMovie.
How to Get iMovie for Free on iOS device and Mac
Here is the good news for the users purchased after September 1st 2013. Apple announced that they would make the iOS versions and Mac of their iWork apps, iPhoto and iMovie for free. You can find iPhoto is updated to Photos several months ago. If you still have not get iMovie for free, you can check whether you are meeting the requirements.
- 1. The device must have been purchased after September 1st 2013.
- 2. You should install iOS 7 or later operation system.
- 3. As for the Mac computer, you need Mac OS X Mavericks or above operation systems.
Here is the download link for iMovie if you still cannot get iMovie for free or remove iMovie by accident. In order to make sure you download iMovie for free, you need check whether you have to pay US$4.99. Here is the guidance for the first time launch and manually download.
Download iMovie for first time launch
Usually after you set up for your iPhone, iPad or Mac, you can access the iMovie in iPhone for free. The Apple Store will download all free apps made by Apple for the first time you launch the Apple Store. Once you meet all eligibility requirements, you can get iMovie for free when you access App Store.
- 1. Launch Apple Store from Mac or the Home screen of iPhone/iPad.
- 2. For the iOS device, you can tap on Download All of the pop up screen to get iMovie for free.
- 3. As for the Mac operation system, you can search for the program from App Store. And then click the Get Button to download the program for free.
- 4. Enter the Apple ID and Password to download iMovie program on your Mac or iOS device now.
Download iMovie manually in Apple Store
If you have deleted iMovie previously or accidently dismissed the popup the first time you launch the App Store. You can also get iMovie, iWork apps and Photos back in one place by following steps.
- 1. Launch Apple Store from Mac or the Home screen of iPhone/iPad similar as the initial download.
- 2. From the Featured tab, scroll down and tap on the New to App Store? Tile under Collections.
- 3. And then you can access to all the Apps Made by Apple from the scroll down towards the bottom.
- 4. You can get a list of all the Apple applications. Click the Free icon of iMovie to download iMovie for your iOS device.
For Mac users, which do not have a collection list for Apple applications, you can search for iMovie directly for another download. The method can also be used for iOS device if you still cannot find iMovie.
What can you do with iMovie
Once you get iMovie for free, you need to learn more detail about how to take advantage of the excellent free program. Here are the most important features you should know about iMovie.
- 1. As for iPhone users, you can import video straight from iPhone to iMovie, and then you can also access the video on Mac. For more and more footage are taken by iPhone, it is helpful to edit videos in iMovie directly.
- 2. Another feature specifically for videos taken by iPhone is the Stabilization effect on shaky video. When you add a clip to Timeline, you can click on Adjust > Stabilize > Stabilize Shaky Footage.
- 3. If you just get the latest version of Mac Book Pro, you can also use the Magic Trackpad multi touch gesture to edit the videos of iMovie within your fingerprint.
- 4. When you need some professional program to further edit the iMovie videos, you can also use Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. All the programs support iMovie projects.
- 5. Create an instant reply for good action shots. The Instant Replay option adds a second version of the clip at the new speed with an Instant Replay graphic.
- 6. No only the photographs on iPhone or Mac, you can also access Facebook directly to add resource to iMovie for further editing.
- 7. When you use multiple Apple device, you can also use iCloud to sync the project files or just use the iMovie to sync files between different devices with ease.
- 8. Sport Team editor is feature for sport events. Sports Team theme video be sure to check out the Sports Team Editor. Found under Window > Sports Team Editor you can get a menu for your team.
Except for the above gorgeous features, you can also access to the basic editing functions within iMovie without problem. And there are multiple transitions, pictures and effects within iMovie, which you can use freely without extra download. When you are not convenient to use iMovie on your travel, the iMovie for iOS device enable you to edit the files on the go.
Here is the way you can get iMove for free and take advantage of the excellent program. It should be a long article to explain all the nice features of iMovie in one article. You only have to download iMovie for free and explore more functions according to your requirements.
The major drawback of iMovie is the supported format, which only supports MP4, MOV and limited formats. In order to import other formats or even the DVD files to iMovie. Tipard Total Media Converter is the right choice for you. If you have any query related to get iMovie for free, you can contact me with more detail information.
Follow @Lily Stark
November 24, 2016 7:02
- Best Video Cropper on How to Crop Video for PC/Mac and iPhone/Android
How to crop a video with Video Cropping Tool? This article would show the best Video Cropper and the detailed steps to crop a video for Windows/Mac and iOS/Android, totally solve your problem.
- How to Download YouTube Videos via YouTube Video Downloader
Want to save YouTube videos free? You can learn how to download YouTube videos to your PC/Mac/Android/iOS with YouTube video downloaders in this post.
- How to Embed A YouTube Video in PowerPoint
Want to put a YouTube video in PowerPoint? You can learn how to embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint 2016/2013/2010/2007 in this post.
- The Best Websites to Download TV Shows
In order to enjoy the TV shows on iPhone, you need to know the best websites that you are able to download TV shows with excellent quality.
Everyone’s got some video to work with—whether it’s home videos or videos of your puppy growing up, so many of us take videos only to never watch them again. If you learn how to edit videos in iMovie, however, you can create a snappy Instagram clip or maybe even a short film. All you need are the right tools and this guide filled with iMovie tutorials for beginners.
The tool that is going to be your new best friend is iMovie. This amazing editing software helps people cut video clips into one cohesive project and comes free with any Mac. With this short tutorial, you can learn how to cut videos in iMovie and become a proficient editor.
If you’re in need of some video clips to practice with, then download video clips from Storyblocks Video.
What is iMovie?
iMovie is what the pros like to call a nonlinear editor. This is a type of software that you can use to cut and edit videos, music, and graphics without changing any of the original files. They’re powerful tools for filmmakers and are used to edit almost all of today’s Hollywood films. Professional-grade editors like Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut cost a fortune and because iMovie is free, it’s a great place for beginners to start. The biggest drawback is that it only works with Apple products—sorry PC users.
Like many other Apple products, iMovie is designed to be very intuitive, keeping the average user in mind. Not everyone is a professional editor with years of experience under their belt, and the developers of iMovie know that. This doesn’t mean it isn’t an effective tool. You can still create jaw-dropping projects in iMovie—all it takes is a little practice. Get started learning how to cut video in iMovie with some of the basics below.
Importing Footage into iMovie
Before you learn how to use iMovie, you have to get your individual clips into the program. This process is called Importing, and it is the easiest part of editing. Once you’ve created a new project, all you have to do is click the import button or press ⌘ + I. Then select the video and audio clips you want to edit and click Import Selected. This visual demonstration will help get you on the right track.
Step 1: Create a New Project and Select Movie
Step 2: Click on the Import button or Press ⌘ + I
Step 3: Select Your Footage and Audio and Press Import Selected
Imovie Themes Download Free Mac Os
Now your files are imported into iMovie and are ready for editing!
Cutting Video Clips and Editing Your Project in iMovie
Now you get to turn all of your individual clips into something special. This is the fun part, but there’s a lot you can do in the editing stage so it may be overwhelming at first. The editing process is where you cut and trim video clips and add any music and titles. It doesn’t sound like much, but once you’ve mastered these three things, you’ll be able to do a lot in post-production.
Step 1: Drag a Clip into the Timeline
Step 2: Adjust and Trim Video Clips by Dragging the Edges
Step 3: Repeat with Other Clips
Step 4: Add Audio by Dragging an Audio Clip Underneath the Video in the Timeline
Imovie Themes Download Free Mac Downloads
Step 5: Add Titles by Going to the Titles Tab
Step 6: Drag a Title Template into the Timeline above the Video
Join Our Creative Community
Access the best video tips, design hacks, and deals straight to your inbox.
Exporting Your Video
Now it’s time to share your masterpiece with the world! In order to do this, you have to export your finished project. Exporting simply compresses your project into one video file, and iMovie does a great job of doing all the hard work for you. All you have to do is choose the platform you want to upload your video to (like YouTube or Facebook), and iMovie will export and publish it for you. You don’t have to worry about all of the complicated settings that look like hieroglyphics.
Step 1: Press the Export Button
Step 2: Select Your Desired Platform
Step 3: Click Next and then Publish
Now that you know how to use iMovie, keep editing and you’ll be a video editing pro in no time!