'No Java runtime present, requesting instal' on OS X Mountain Lion with JRE 7 u40 installed Sep 13, 2013 – Updated: Apr 17, 2014 Just upgraded to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, then run a tool created by java to get daily reports from iTunes Connect. Java SE Runtime Environment 8 Downloads. Do you want to run Java™ programs, or do you want to develop Java programs? If you want to run Java programs, but not develop them, download the Java Runtime Environment, or JRE™. Oracle’s JDK (short for Java Development Kit) comes with a built-in comprehensive collection of tools that make it simple to develop and test programs, applications and components written using the Java programming language and designed to run on the Java platform. A quick google site search - java se 6 yosemite site:support.apple.com yields this top hit Get Java for your Mac - Apple Support. Get Java for your Mac Download Java for OS X directly from Oracle. Get the latest version If an app or webpage you want to use asks you to install Java software, you can download the current version of Java for.
Newest post on how to install Oracle JDK 8 / Java SE 8 on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite can be found here.
At the time of this writing, there is no official release of Java SE 7 / Oracle JDK 1.7 on Mac OS X. It is still in developer preview based on Apple’s contributions to OpenJDK. The Developer Preview is provided to the community so that the developers can get feedback on the ongoing progress of the project. The developer preview should work on any Intel-based Mac and has been tested on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion).
Oracle has launched the official Java SE 7 for Mac OS X 64-bit platform. You can download it from here.
This tutorial shows you how to install Java SE 7 Developer Preview on Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion running on my MacBook Pro.
1. Download the Oracle JDK7 Mac OS X port dmg file from here. At the time of this writing, the version of the JDK7 is Oracle JDK7 build b223 released on December 23, 2011. The dmg file name is jdk-7-ea-macosx-b223.dmg
2. Create a JavaVirtualMachines folder under /Library/Java if it doesn’t exist.
In my case, the JavaVirtualMachines is already there so I don’t need to create it manually.
3. Open the jdk-7-ea-macosx-b223.dmg file by double-clicking on it. Then drag the JDK 1.7.0 Developer Preview icon in the left side to the JavaVirtualMachines icon folder in the right side.
4. Go to /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines directory using Finder application. Then double-click the ‘JDK 1.7.0 Developer Preview’ icon. This will open the Java Preferences window. Here you can change the preferred order of the installed Java platforms by dragging it up or down. Make sure the Java SE 7 is in the preferred order or you can simply deselect the Java SE 6 version.
5. Now issue the ‘java -version’ command in the terminal window to verify.
An error “you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime”, is encountered when you open any Adobe application.
Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0 Download
With Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and later, the Java runtime is no longer installed automatically as part of the OS installation. Follow any of the methods below to install Java runtime.
You can download and install the latest Java runtime from the Java website - Download Free Java Software.
On Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite), when you launch any Adobe product, you might receive a warning 'The Application has been moved and its path has been changed...'.
Click Repair Now or Update button to update the location and resolve the issue. When prompted for password, enter your system password to complete.
If Java runtime is not installed, you are prompted to install when you first launch any Adobe product. Follow the onscreen instructions in the Java required notification dialog box to install.
Use the following method to initiate the Java runtime installation or confirm if it is installed.
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Java Preferences.
If Java is not installed, you receive the following message: “To open “Java Preferences,' you need a Java runtime. Would you like to install one now?”
- Click Install and accept the license agreement. The Java runtime is downloaded and installed.
Many Adobe applications depend on the Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for some features to work. Apple recently changed the way it includes Java in Mac OS, and with Lion, Java is no longer preinstalled. It is now an optional install that you must select.
Since current Adobe installers and applications were built before these changes by Apple, Adobe software anticipates that Java is installed. Adobe and Apple have worked together to ensure that you can install Java at OS install time. Or it can be installed later before you install Adobe applications. At runtime, when you launch an Adobe application, you are prompted to install Java if it is not already installed. If you do not install Java before running an Adobe application, there can be missing or improperly behaving features. If you encounter any issues, install Java to correct the problems. Adobe recommends that corporate IT organizations pre install Java (or make sure that Java can be installed through their firewalls/security) to avoid conflicts with Adobe applications.
If the Java runtime is not installed, some issues that are known to occur include -
- Failure to launch.
- Install Java runtime prompts when you attempt to use the applications.
- Applications hang or quit.