Download MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition to free rip DVD to MP4, HEVC, H.264, MOV, MP3, etc on macOS. Backup DVD collection on Mac hard drive or play them on iTunes, QuickTime, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc with top quality. Launch the application. After you successfully download it, click the.dmg file to install it.Insert DVD to your Mac DVD Drive and launch Mac the Ripper. The app could automatically detect DVD files. Note: MacTheRipper doesn't support Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks, so if your computer is running one of these system, you can try the powerful Aimersoft DVD ripper for Mac.
The review shall first begin with the definition itself. According to Wikipedia, MacTheRipper is a Mac OS X application that enables users to create a playable copy of the contents of a video DVD by defeating the Content Scramble System. It helps to delete the RCE region protection and copy DVD on Mac in VIDEO_TS folder without restriction of any DVD movies that you have. Since the freeware is such a large selection of good for Mac users, let's list its pros and cons side by side.
- The actual developer of this free Mac application is GNS-3 Team. The default filename for the program's installer is gns3-0.8.6-osx-lion.dmg. GNS3 can be installed on Mac OS X 10.5 or later. Our built-in antivirus checked this Mac download and rated it as virus free. The most popular versions of GNS3 for Mac are 1.2, 0.8 and 0.5.
- Mac The Ripper free download - Ripper, CD to WAV/MP3 Ripper, AVG AntiVirus for Mac, and many more programs.
- OS Platform: Mac OS X 10.11 or later. HandBrake is an open-source video transcoder.
1. When it comes to the abovementioned scenario, such awkward situation will never happen as long as you own the free dvd ripper for Mac.
2. Although DVD is no longer expensive, replacing beloved DVDs that are scratched or smeared with jam is a bother. Well, MacTheRipper offers you a golden opportunity to create digital copy on your Mac OX. From then on, you can no longer worry about your investment being damaged.
3. Getting this program on your Mac computer means you can therefore save a lot of battery each time it rotates the disc.
4. Quality isn't an issue with MacTheRipper as it does not convert the source movies. Instead, it removes any region limitation by setting it to default region '0' and saves DVD in VIDEO_TS folder.
5. For us non-pros, this software is very simple to get it right the first time. It comes with a very nice and very clear manual, making it a breeze to copy a DVD to hard drive.
6. This software is totally free of charge. If you are on a tight budget, it is surely the top choice for you.
1. Secrecy and back-alley character of its distribution can be annoying because you have to join RipDifferent forums, send an inquiry to its developers, and then wait for a response to learn how to send your gift if you are in hope for getting the latest version of the software.
2. As the official MacTheRipper site has been shut down, support team does no longer exist for the software. Consequently, software updates is not readily available, especially when it comes to Apple's new version Mountain OS X Mountain Lion, so a Mac The Ripper alternative for Mountain Lion is needed. Moreover, for the new DVD movies, MTR may fail to decrypt the copy protection.
3. Although obtaining a copy is confounding, MacTheRippper has a lot going for it in terms of output format. The need to play converted video on iPhone, iPad, iPod seems to be never realized as this program only copy DVD on Mac in VIDEO_TS folder.
In this circumstance, you're better off going with ripping software other than Mac the Ripper.
See also: Handbrake Mac VLC Rip DVD
MacTheRipper, officially abbreviated as MTR, is a free DVD ripper application for Mac OS X. It helps you copy your DVD movies to your Mac without any protections and quality loss. This is very helpful if you don't want to play the original DVD disc, or making DVD copies for your car (a DVD burner is required). With the help of third-party video converter, you can also convert MacTheRipper output files to to another format, like an iPad, iPod, iPhone or other portable media players.
Thanks to its user-friendly interface and high quality DVD ripping, MacTheRipper is ever the best choice of millions of users to backup there own DVDs on Mac. However, due to legal issues and the need of long-term evolution, MacTheRipper at last becomes a Donationware or called Shareware, which means you have to pay some money to rip your DVDs. In a word, MacTheRipper is NOT a free DVD ripper any more. Here Tipard DVD Ripper for Mac is recommended to rip DVDs on Mac for its high quality and fast speed. Get a free trial now.
Why Choose MacTheRipper?
Below are the reasons why MacTheRipper was so popular in the past.
- It's Free (before version 2.6.6)
- It has impact and user-friendly interface.
- It's easy to use.
- It retains the original quality of DVD movies.
Why NOT Choose MacTheRipper?
For some people, MacTheRipper is not the best choice.
- Those who want free DVD ripper but have an up-to-date Mac computer because the latest MacTheRipper is not free any more.
- Those who want to watch DVD movies on iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch - MacTheRipper just rip DVD but not convert DVD to video.
- Those who want to copy DVD movies and watch DVD movies on TV using the duplicated DVD disc.
- Those who want to rip commercial DVD movies because the latest MacTheRipper doesn't support commercial DVD discs.
- Those who don't want to register to download and buy (so-called Send Gift) MacTheRipper on its official forum.
- Those who want a simple solution to rip DVD on Mac. Obviously, MacTheRipper is an outdated choice. Here is the best DVD ripper Mac, in my opinion.
How to Use MacTheRipper 4
This section will show you how to use MacTheRipper to rip DVD on Mac step by step. Also shows you how to uninstall MacTheRipper if it doesn't work or you just don't like it. A brief update history of MacTheRipper is also included.
How to Install MacTheRipper 4
To install MacTheRipper, simply double click on the .dmg file, and then double click on the .mkg file to launch the MTR 4.0 Installer. Follow the on screen instructions and the MTR 4.0 application will be installed in your Applications folder.
How to Rip DVD on Mac with MacTheRipper 4
MacTheRipper provides your with 5 modes to rip DVD on Mac, like Auto Full Disc Extraction mode, Auto Full Disc ISO Extraction mode and Full Disc Rip And Rebuild mode. Here takes Auto Full Disc Extraction mode for instance.
- 1. Launch MTR, and set the extraction type to Auto Full Disc Extraction.
- 2. Insert the DVD disc you want to rip movies from. MTR will detect and scan titles in the disc.
- 3. Click Extract to starting ripping DVD on Mac with MacTheRipper.
- 4. The DVD will be saved as a folder on Mac.
Note that If RCE Region Protection was detected, you will be prompted to select the 'RCE Region' number. To make a region-free video. The RCE Region should be set to the region the DVD was purchased in. For example, US is 1, while Europe is 2.
How to Uninstall MacTheRipper 4
To uninstall MacTheRipper, you need to remove all the related folders and files manually. Do the following:
- 1. Remove the CSS_ Key_Cache folder. This is a folder includes the decryption keys to remove protections from any DVD it opens. It makes future processing of the same discs faster. This folder locates in /Users/Shareddirectory.
- 2. Remove the? MTR preferences file. The preferences file, called com.MTR3.plist, is stored in the folder called Preferences, which is located in the Library folder in your Home directory. Just drag this file to the trash and empty the trash.
- 3. Finally, remove the MacTheRipper application.?Simply drag the MTR folder to the trash. Done.
John The Ripper Download Free
What's New in MacTheRipper 4.0
- Completely re-worked from scratch with a more future-proof codebase
- New ripping modes, 'Full Disc', 'ISO' disk image creation (!) and 'Rip And Rebuild' for those tricky new DVDs
- Compatibility with many new DVDs with advanced copy protections schemes
- New dark-themed interface, complete with mind-blowingly slick animations
- Auto-updater for simplified updates - no more needing to check the forums all the time to find new releases
- Exclusive access to the DVD while ripping so your rip won't get interrupted anymore
>> Learn More About MacTheRipper History
How to Play MacTheRipper Output Files
Mac The Ripper 4
The MacTheRipper has mainly 2 types of outputs: DVD folder or ISO Image File. Both can be played with the supplied DVD Player on your mac. Below is how to play MacTheRipper files.
- 1. Launch DVD Player from Applications folder. To play ISO Image file, mount it by double-clicking on it before running DVD Player.
- 2. Go to the File menu, select Open VIDEO_TS Folder, navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder inside the DVD folder and hit the Choose button. Or simply drag and drop a VIDEO_TS folder onto DVD Player's dock icon or application icon in the Finder).
- 3. Hit Space Bar to start playing video from your hard drive.
Free Cd Ripper Mac
How to Convert MacTheRipper Output Files
Dvd Ripper For Mac Free
MacTheRipper doesn't feature a conversion tool. Therefore, you need an extra video converter to convert MacTheRipper ripper files to the compatible format of your device. Here I humbly recommend Tipard Video Converter for Mac to complete the task. It offers the easiest way to convert MacTheRipper VOB files for iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes, QuickTime, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc.
How to Burn MacTheRipper Output Files
Mac The Ripper Lion Free Download Pc
To backup MacTheRipper output files to DVD and play on television, you need a DVD maker for Mac to burn video files to DVD disc. Many DVD burning applications are on the market. Among them, Aiseesoft DVD Creator for Mac is a great choice for its ease to use and has powerful features to burn MacTheRipper output files to DVD with beautiful preset DVD menus.