- All files sent to a Mac using AirDrop land in the Downloads folder, unlike on the iPhone or iPad where they would automatically appear in the relevant app. MacBook Air (Late 2010) or later.
- Download Instashare Air Drop and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. ransfer files the easy way, just drag & drop the file and we will handle the rest. Like Apple AirDrop, but works and on all major platforms and computers that don't support AirDrop.
Instead of using a cable, you can wirelessly transfer files, photos and videos from Mac to iPhone by using AirDrop. You will find below the steps to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone.
MacBook Air (From $1,099 at Best Buy). How to share a file with AirDrop on a Mac from within a file. It will appear in your Downloads folder.
Let older mac airdrop be like new mac airdrop Reply Like Mark as Spam. Download iClarified. Get the iClarified app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac OS X, and Apple Watch! How to share via AirDrop from a post-2012 Mac to a pre-2012 Mac. If you have a post-2012 Mac around the house and want to send or receive files with an older model, you need to change your AirDrop settings. You can do that pretty easily by following these steps: Open an AirDrop window on the pre-2012 Mac.
AirDrop From Mac to iPhone
Before going ahead with the steps to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone, make sure that both iPhone and Mac fulfill the following requirements.
- Your Mac needs to be 2012 or later version, running OS X Yosemite or later versions of macOS.
- iPhone needs to be iPhone 5 or later version.
- In you have created a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone, you will need to disable it.
If your device meets above requirements, you can follow the steps as provided below to setup AirDrop on both sending (Mac) and Receiving devices.
1. Setup AirDrop on Mac (Sending Device)
As mentioned above, you will first need to enable both WiFi and Bluetooth networks on your iPhone and Mac, in order to make use of the AirDrop feature.
1. Select Bluetooth Icon in the top menu-bar of your Mac and click on Turn Bluetooth ON.
2. Select the WiFi icon and click on Turn Wi-Fi ON.
Note: Instead of WiFi, the sending device can also be directly connected to Internet via Ethernet.
3. Next, Click on the Finder icon on your Mac.
4. Select the Go tab in top-menu bar and click on AirDrop in the drop-down menu.
5. On the next screen, click on Allow me to be Discovered by option and select Everyone from the drop-down.
Note: You can also select Contacts Only option, but choosing Everyone reduces chance of errors.
2. Setup iPhone to Use AirDrop
Follow the steps below to prepare your iPhone to use AirDrop.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and enable Bluetooth by moving the toggle to ON position.
2. Similarly, make sure WiFi is enabled.
3. Go to Settings > General > Airdrop.
4. On the next screen, tap on Everyone option.
3. Transfer Files From Mac to iPhone Using AirDrop
Once your Mac and iPhone are setup to use AirDrop, it becomes really easy to transfer Files, Photos, Videos and other Data from Mac to iPhone.
1. Click on the Finder icon located in the Dock of your Mac.
2. In the Finder windows, click on AirDrop option, located in the left-pane.
3. Select the File that you want to transfer to iPhone and drag the File into the iPhone’s circle (See above image).
4. Transfer Photos From Mac to iPhone Using AirDrop
The AirDrop feature is built-in to some of the commonly used Apps like Photos, Notes and Safari.
This allows you to transfer Photos, Videos and Notes from Mac to iPhone without having to open the Finder window.
1. Open the Photos app on your Mac and select Photos or videos that you want to AirDrop to iPhone.
2. Once the Photos are selected, click on the Share icon located at the top-left corner.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on AirDrop.
4. On the pop-up that appears, click on your iPhone.
The selected Photos will be magically transferred to your iPhone.
Share content with AirDrop
- Open the file that you want to send, then click Share button in the app window. Or Control-click the file in the Finder, then choose Share from the shortcut menu.
- Choose AirDrop from the sharing options listed.
- Choose a recipient from the AirDrop sheet:
Or open an AirDrop window, then drag files to the recipient:
- Select AirDrop in the sidebar of a Finder window. Or choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar.
- The AirDrop window shows nearby AirDrop users. Drag one or more documents, photos, or other files to the recipient shown in the window.
You can also share content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Receive content with AirDrop
Macbook Air Download Airdrop Pro
When someone nearby attempts to send you files using AirDrop, you see their request as a notification, or as a message in the AirDrop window. Click Accept to save the files to your Downloads folder.
If you can't see the other device in AirDrop
Macbook Air Download Airdrop Windows 10
Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:
- Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
- Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off.
Make sure that your devices can receive AirDrop requests:
- Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder, then check the ”Allow me to be discovered by” setting in the AirDrop window. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch have a similar setting. If set to receive from Contacts Only, both devices must be signed in to iCloud, and the email address or phone number associated with the sender's Apple ID must be in the Contacts app of the receiving device.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy. Click the Firewall tab, then click the lock and enter your administrator password when prompted. Click Firewall Options, then deselect “Block all incoming connections.”