Installing Panopto for Mac
Modified on: Tue, May 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM
Hell, even the Mac Mini has kept the headphone jack — WHAT A DAY! This is why I’m so hyped that the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro have kept the headphone jack. In fact, I’m doing a little.
Call Recorder for Skype can be installed on Mac OS X 10.7 or later. This application's bundle is identified as com.viorsan.CRS-Recorder. Call Recorder for Skype for Mac lies within Communication Tools, more precisely Texting & Video calls. Hi, I am trying to record something on Panopto with my MacBook Air, OS Catalina 10.15.7. But it keeps on showing the colored wheel and the recording doesn't launch. I then have to Force Quit because the application isn't responding.
On May 29th, users will be require to upgrade to the 6.0 version of the recording. Please use this help for instructions.
Note You may need administrator access on your computer to install Panopto. Please contact your department IT Pro for this access.
- From your Canvas site, click the Panopto Videos button in your course navigation menu.
- Click on the Create button and select Record a new session (see Fig. 1) from the dropdown menu.
Figure 1: Select Record a new session in the dropdown menu.
Click the Download Panopto button in the popup window (see Fig. 2).
Figure 2: Click the Download Panopto button.
- Save the .pkg recorder file to your computer.
- After the download is complete, click on the .pkg file to run the installation wizard. The file is most likely in your Downloads folder (see Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Opening the Panopto package file from the Downloads folder in the Doc.
- Click the Continue button (see Fig. 4) in the Install Panopto Recorder window.
Figure 4: Click the Continue button to allow Panopto to install on your computer. Administrator access may be required to complete this step.
- Click through the wizard to the Install Software button. Enter your username and password for the computer and click the button.
- After Panopto is installed, click the Move to Trash button.
- In the Panopto screen that appears (see Fig. 4), enter your PawPrint ID and password in the login fields.
Figure 4: Enter your Mizzou Pawprint ID and password in the fields.
Minimum system requirements and additional instructions are available at https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Install-Panopto-for-Mac.
Panopto Recording Software
Did you find it helpful? Yes No