- Visual Studio Community 2017 Mac Download
- Download Visual Studio 2017 Community
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Free Download For Mac
Download Visual Studio 2017 free download - Visual Studio Community, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, Visual Studio Booster, and many more programs. Download previous versions of Visual Studio Community, Professional, and Enterprise softwares. Sign into your Visual Studio (MSDN) subscription here. Visual Studio 2017 for Mac. Visual Studio Test Professional 2017. Visual Studio Team Explorer 2017. Agents for Visual Studio 2017.
As featured in:
We are happy to announce the release of Visual Studio 2017. This release brings a new lightweight and modular installation experience which can be tailored to your needs.
Use Visual Studio 2017 to develop apps for Android, iOS, Windows, web, and cloud. Code fast, debug and diagnose with ease, test often, and release with confidence. You can also extend and customize Visual Studio by building your own extensions. Use version control, be agile, and collaborate efficiently with this new release.
- Tools and services for projects of any size or complexity
- Sprint planning
- Advanced debugging, automated and manual testing, and profiling
- DevOps with automated deployments and continuous monitoring
Code with confidence. Get help right where you need it.
IntelliSense describes APIs as you type and uses auto-completion to increase speed and accuracy. Quick Info tool tips let you inspect API definitions, and squiggly lines let you know about issues, often showing them as you type.
Navigate in context. Don’t lose your place as you explore.
Finding your way around in a large code base can be challenging. Visual Studio helps you find your way around more easily, without losing the context of the code or the markup you started from, with capabilities like Peek to definition, Navigate To, and Quick Find.
Enhanced Scrollbar’s 10,000 foot structural view of your code file lets you quickly pinpoint issues. See the object structure of your code easily with inline object browsing in the Solution Explorer, and quickly search for files in your solution.
Understand your code. The big picture, right where you are.
With Code Lens, there’s no need to leave your code to quickly understand its call structure and navigate to related functions. Code Lens goes much further. You can find out who last modified a method, or whether its tests are passing, all from right where you are in your code.
Fix issues quickly. Get to the heart of issues and find fixes.
Light bulb icons help you identify and fix common coding issues, in many cases “live” as you type your code, and take quick code actions (like refactoring, implementing interfaces and more) from right inside the editor.
Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9.21 released March 10, 2020:
- Fixed a bug where the .NET Profiling tools couldn't be installed on non-enterprise versions of Visual Studio 2017 when using an offline installer.
- Fixed C++ compiler bug where a static_cast in a decltype would evaluate incorrectly. To minimize disruptions to existing codebases, in VS2017 this fix takes effect when the (newly added) /d1decltypeIdentityConversion switch is thrown.
- New Spectre mitigation options in C++ compiler: /Qspectre-load & /Qspectre-load-cf for speculative load hardening.
Develop: Navigate, write, and fix your code fast
- New Installation Experience - A reduced minimum footprint for faster and more customizable installations, as well as support for offline installs.
- Visual Studio IDE - A broad range of enhancements in Visual Studio 2017, including reduction in startup and solution load times, sign in and identity improvements, improved code navigation, open folder view, and connected services enable connections between your app and any service on-premises or in the cloud.
- Visual C++ - No breaking changes between 2015 and 2017. Better C++14 conformance level, CMake support, build throughput, and productivity in the editor.
- C# and Visual Basic - Extends support for new C# 7.0 and Visual Basic 15 language features, and introduces new refactorings that allow you to organize source code with one action.
- F# - Support for F# 4.1 language features, improvements to the F# compiler and FSharp.Core, and a new editor based on Roslyn Workspaces.
Debug: Debug, profile, and diagnose with ease
- Debugging and Diagnostics - Overhaul of the Exception Helper and faster code navigation with Run to Click. Plus, a new summary of your application events in the Diagnostic Tools window and several improvements to the CPU Tool.
Test: Write high-quality code with comprehensive testing tools
- Live Unit Testing - Visualize unit testing results and code coverage live in the editor.
- Testing Tools - Associate automation with test case work items using the Test Explorer.
Collaborate: Use version control, be agile, and collaborate efficiently
- New Git features in Team Explorer and updated connect experience - Do more with Git in Visual Studio 2017 and easily find the projects and repos to which you want to connect.
- Enhanced Visual Studio Feedback Workflow - More collaborative Report-A-Problem. Search, follow, and vote to get latest updates on all feedback.
Extend: Customize to your liking by building your own extensions
Visual Studio Community 2017 Mac Download
- Visual Studio Extensions - Customize Visual Studio to your liking by building your own extensions.
- Discoverability of Project and Item Templates - There is a breaking change with how Visual Studio consumes project and item templates to improve performance of template discovery.
Equip: Utilize tooling to increase productivity and explore new capabilities
- .NET Core and ASP.NET Core - This contains the 1.0 final release of the new MSBuild based .NET Core Tools. Using Visual Studio 2017, you can create .NET Standard libraries, .NET Core apps/libraries, and ASP.NET web projects that use the new csproj format.
- Tools for Universal Windows App Development - Updates include a new version of the .NET Native toolchain, .NET Core NuGet framework, new productivity tools, and support for the Windows 10 'Creators Update' SDK.
- Xamarin - Xamarin 4.3 adds support for tvOS, while also improving iOS Assets Catalog support and the XML editing experience.
- Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova - A new browser-based simulator enables you to code fast and see the results immediately.
- Node.js Tools for Visual Studio - Updates focused on stability, performance, and overall product quality.
- Visual Studio Tools for Unity - Visual Studio Tools for Unity 3 is now available with the 'Game Development with Unity' workload from the new Visual Studio installer.
- Redgate Developer Tools Core Edition - To extend DevOps capabilities to SQL database development, Visual Studio now includes Redgate Developer Tools Core Edition, comprising Redgate ReadyRoll, SQL Search, and SQL Prompt.
- NuGet - NuGet now supports storing package dependency information directly in project files as package references, while maintaining the advances of transitive package references.
- Tools for XAML Apps - The XAML runtime toolbar now lets you track focus. XAML productivity has been improved with XAML Edit & Continue, improvements to the XAML Editor, and performance optimizations.
- Data Tools and SQL Server - The latest update of SQL Server Data Tools enables support for the newest features in Azure SQL Database and SQL Server 2016.
- Developer Analytics Tools - Visual Studio 2017 includes Developer Analytics Tools v8.6 with many improvements to the Application Insights and HockeyApp features in Visual Studio.
- Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio - Includes Office Developer Tools with the latest features and updates.
- Live Architecture Dependency Validation - Real-time notifications of dependency validation diagrams (aka Layer diagrams).
- Developer Command Prompt - Refactored scripts to support the new installation experience.
- Azure SDK for .NET - Now available from the new Visual Studio installer.
Software similar to Visual Studio 9
- 23 votesDeveloper tools and services for any platform with any language. IDE, DevOps, code editor & more.
- 6 votesVisual Studio Code is a source code editor developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and macOS. It includes support for debugging, embedded Git control, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion, snippets, and code refactoring.
- 15 votesSharpDevelop is the open-source IDE for the .NET platform.
Download Visual Studio 2017 Community
Developer Community System Requirements Compatibility Distributable Code Xamarin Blogs Servicing
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac contains many new and exciting features and IDE productivity enhancements tosupport cross-platform desktop app development, cross-platform mobile development, Azure development, web and cloud development,and more. To try out Visual Studio 2017 for Mac, see the Downloads page.For more information about everything that's new in this release, see theVisual Studio 2017 for Mac release notes.
For information on the system requirements for installing and running the Visual Studio 2017 for Mac family of products, see the Visual Studio 2017 for Mac System Requirement page.
Visual Studio for Mac provides cutting-edge tools and technologies to create apps that take advantage of thelatest platform capabilities, for macOS, Android, iOS, tvOS, and watchOS, as well as web sites, services, and games.
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac Support for Android Development
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac enables you to build native Android apps using Xamarin and C#. You can use Unity to build Android games.
You can use the Android SDK Manager to easily obtain the Android SDK and Android API levels.You can download additional API levels separately using the Android SDK Manager.
For more information, see Android development with Visual Studio for Mac.
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac Support for iOS Development
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac enables you to build native iOS apps using Xamarin and C#. You can use Unity to build iOS games.
For more information, see iOS development with Visual Studio for Mac.
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac Support for macOS/OS X Development
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac enables you to build console applications and Cocoa (desktop) applications for macOS.
For more information, see macOS development with Visual Studio for Mac.
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac Support for ASP.NET Core Development
ASP.NET Core is an open-source and cross-platform framework for building modern cloud based internet connected applications, such as web apps and services, IoT apps, and mobile backends.
For more information, see .NET Core and to get started follow this hands-on lab.
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac Support for Unity Game Development
Visual Studio for Mac Tools for Unity is a free Visual Studio extension that turns Visual Studio for Mac into a powerful tool for developing cross-platform games and apps with the Unity platform.
For more information, see Visual Studio Tools for Unity and to get started follow this hands-on lab.
Other Platforms and Technologies
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac also supports the following platforms and technologies. For more information, seehttps://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Free Download For Mac
- .NET Core 1.1. For more information see https://dot.net/core
Feedback and Suggestions
Use the Provide a Suggestion link on the welcome page in Visual Studio for Mac, or visit Developer Community page directly. From here you can add new requests or vote on existing ideas. To report a problem, follow these instructions.